Content and goals of the Greek thematic portal for marble granite stone
Marble ("Marmaro" in Greek) is the material directly related to the Greek cultural heritage. Moreover, marble is a remarkable mineral source of wealth for the Greek economy.
Marmaronet.com is the Greek thematic portal for marble and other natural ornamental stones (as travertine, granite, slate etc.), as well as for engineered stones.
Marmaronet.com has been developed to offer technical, financial, commercial, business and other useful information -all at the same website- for:
- the types of ornamental stone and their characteristics;
- the use of ornamental stone products in architecture, sculpture and decoration;
- the stone sector: quarrying, processing, artistic elaboration, trade, installation etc.
Moreover, marmaronet.com supports the ONLINE HELLENIC MARBLE DIRECTORY -continually enriched- which contains data for the Greek marble exporting companies, the stone technology companies, associations, institutions, organizations etc.
More specifically, the thematic portal marmaronet.com has as main objectives:
- to introduce the ornamental stones and highlight both their qualitative and aesthetic characteristics, as well as the great number of applications of stone products in architecture and decoration;
- to promote marble as an exceptional material for artistic creation;
- to inform about the deposits of unique marble types in Greece -the "marble peninsula" as the Romans used to call it- and about the possibilities to exploit them while protecting the natural environment;
- to communicate modern techniques and technology in stone cutting, shaping and processing, thanks to which this traditional material may expand its applications, mainly as massif products, in architecture and design;
- to present technical specifications and know-how about selecting, installing, protecting and maintaining products from natural and artificial stones;
- to offer an approach to the rich Greek cultural heritage that has been carved upon marble or built with stone, as well as to the long tradition in Greek art of marble and marble sculpture;
- to support the activities -mainly the exporting ones- of stone companies, by highlighting their initiatives and products and by offering them access to reliable databases;
- to establish the importance of the ornamental stone sector in the culture and economy of Greece and all Europe;
- to assist the information diffusion on developments in the international market of ornamental stones.
It should be noted that any data in marmaronet.com, especially as concerns natural ornamental stones and their applications, should not be considered as criteria for final decision, before consulting the responsible material suppliers and the documentation they can offer. This is because natural ornamental stones, as materials of nature, present variations in coloring and physical/mechanical characteristics, as well as in behavior at various applications, depending on their origin, method of processing and installation technique.
It should be, also, noted that MARMAROnet does not produces neither sells marble or other ornamental stones.
Marmaronet.com is managed by Business Data Ltd, a company providing business support services, having as consultant Hellenic Marble Editions, a publishing company with long experience and know-how, necessary to accomplish the above objectives.